Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Needlepoint heaven


We took a trip to Newcastle on the weekend and ended up in Edith's lounge room. I thought I'd died and gone to Needlepoint heaven.
Edith's house is incredible. The decor is all 1960's original and very European (a tribute to Edith's Hungarian background). It was like stepping back in time, to a remote chalet, somewhere in the European Alps. I was waiting for Tom to walk in wearing leidenhosen and offering us butterscotch snaps at 10am.

I wish I'd taken more photos of Edith's amazing handy work (I envy her patience...if only I could complete one of these needlepoint pieces, I'd be happy) but I'm sure you get the jist from the images in the background. Thank you Tom and Edith for sharing your lovely home and making me feel I was somewhere a little more remote than Newcastle!

4 comments:

Liesl said...

Wow, look at those cushions and pictures. Edith is obviously a beautiful and industrious stitcher!

Marina said...

What an amazing room. Must have felt like you were in another world!

Melin said...

Edith is amazing! It was like stepping into another world where time seemed to last forever.

The Toy Society said...

Wow that is beautiful!